Across the world, the use of digital marketing screens is increasing. That includes countries where electricity is not easily available or is expensive. Retailers in those places are investing in solar or battery-powered screens. They have so many advantages over paper-based advertising that it is cost-effective to invest in them.
In this article, we take a closer look at why that is using examples that demonstrate this. Then take a quick look at how this marketing tool is likely to improve and evolve.
Digital signage content is dynamic
Using digital screens to display offers and information to customers provides retailers with an incredibly flexible way to market to them.
- The ads that are being displayed can be changed within moments.
- Any type of image can be used. The list includes videos, photos, slideshows, gifs, live streams of social media accounts, real-time data, and much more. If you can see it on a phone, PC, or laptop screen, it can be displayed on digital signage.
- The dynamism of these screens can also be used to improve the efficiency and profitability of a business. Take for example the way many restaurants and cafes are using digital menu boards. If part way through their lunch service, they notice that a particular dish is not selling well. The price can be reduced to make sure that sales pick up, so nothing ends up in the bin. The fact that anything can be added to the menu at any time also means the chef can take advantage of cheap ingredients. They can go to the market, pick up a bargain then arrive back at the restaurant and edit the menu to include a new dish within minutes.
Highly targeted messaging is easy
Studies show that the more targeted your marketing message is, the more effective it is. Understanding each group of customers that shop with you and being able to create ads just for them is incredibly powerful. Here are a few examples of how that is being done using digital signage –
- Different ads can be shown in different parts of a store, restaurant, or any other type of retail outlet. For example, the offers that diners who are eating near the kid´s play area can be different from those being displayed to diners enjoying a romantic meal in the quieter part of a restaurant.
- Ads can be changed throughout the day to promote different products. In the morning deals that will appeal to pensioners can be used. Then, changed at lunchtime when office workers are more likely to be in-store.
Digital signage is very cost-effective
In most cases, digital screens and signage are now more cost-effective than traditional static or paper-based advertising materials. Once installed, businesses can easily update and modify the content on their screens without incurring additional printing or production costs. Businesses can display multiple ads on a single screen, reducing the need for multiple billboards or posters.
Reduces the amount of time spent on marketing tasks
They also save a lot of staff hours. There is no longer any need for someone to take down and recycle posters and other paper-based advertising and replace it with new items. Once down all of that material needs to be sorted and bundled up for recycling, which also takes up a lot of staff time.
The fact that there is no recycling when stores use digital screens instead of marketing paper also frees up space. That space has the potential to be used to display more goods, which in turn improves profit margins.
Digital screens are highly effective marketing tools
Statistics provided by Marketing Charts show that 63% of consumers notice them more than other types of advertising. In addition, 40% of shoppers have purchased a product after seeing it advertised on a digital screen.
Digital signage is becoming more environmentally friendly
There is no doubt that digital signage is here to stay. But like all things, the hardware and software will need to evolve to remain relevant and useful. Retailers want the screens to be made from recycled materials, to use less power, and be capable of running using carbon-neutral power sources.
They also want the screens to be easy to repair. Fortunately, the industry recognizes this and is having great success in improving You can read more about how digital screens are helping businesses to reduce their environmental footprint by clicking here.