Interior Designing involves the art and science of augmenting the interiors of a space by making it practical and attractive for its occupants. It entails designing the layout, selecting furnishings, furniture, colour scheme, texture, lighting and other decor elements etc. to create an experience in sync with customer’s preferences and reflect his personal style and tastes.
Interior Designers usually work with architects, contractors and other stakeholders to create cohesive design for comfortable and visually appealing interiors for both residential and commercial projects. He further has to keep in touch with the latest in trends, tools and techniques being used in traditional as well as modern homes and the kind of material being used and in demand by the consumers so as to be relevant to the evolving preferences.
Role & Responsibilities of an interior designer:
- Client Interaction & artistic designs: Interior Designer must display exceptional client interaction skills along with artistic abilities to come up with innovative designs. He should be capable of grasping client’s requirements along with financials constraints and accordingly develop distinct concepts leading to impressive and efficient interior design. Additionally, he should be persuasive in selling his design ideas to the client and also convert these design ideas into experiences that accomplishes client satisfaction.
- Bidding for new projects: Interior Designer must stay up-to-date with trends, market dynamics, comprehend consumer preferences and demands, traditional and modern techniques & the materials being used in the industry. This awareness will enable him to estimate the project costs accurately and thus bid for projects effectively.
- Virtual Designing: Interior Designing course equip aspirants with proficiencies in computers and different software technologies-CAD, 3D etc., thereby enhancing not only his abilities to ideate better design concepts but also enabling him to explain it effectively to clients and other stakeholders. Furthermore, this learning will also allow him to evaluate the effectiveness of the design without going through the trial-and-error methods. He will also be skilled to identify the corrective measures, if necessary.
- Selecting the right materials: Interior Designing course mentors the aspirants with proficiency to understand the range of materials that can be employed to achieve the required interior design. He must possess knowledge of the techniques essential to use the appropriate materials effectively. He must display capabilities in identifying the suitable furnishings, their colour, pattern & textures, lighting fixtures, the bathroom & kitchen fittings etc. so as to offer desired experience.
- Networking: He is accountable for selecting the apt vendor for procuring the required materials at the best of the cost. He also is required to work with different stakeholders as well as teams from different departments as well as disciplines such as electricians, painters, plumbers & contractors to ensure success in completion of projects.
Budgeting, Timeline Management & Organisation skills: Usually, the client proposes such ideas that usually surpasses his budgets. However, a proficient interior designer must be skilled enough to discover innovative solutions that can be executed within the given financial constraints. Amalgamation of financial expertise, time management, negotiation skills, and organization abilities will enable him to suggest a practical budget to the client, thus ensuring optimal value for their investment while simultaneously keeping the expenses under control even in the event of any delays.