In our country, every year competitive exams like JEE, NEET, NDA, etc. are held so that students can pursue their careers. SBI PO Exam is one of those competitive exams which is conducted by the State Bank of India. Candidates have to crack this exam to get the post of Probationary Officer. Most of the aspirants think that it is easy to crack this exam, but they should not be overconfident and should start their preparation early to get selected on the first attempt.
This examination takes place across India. The phases of this examination are:
- Preliminary Exam
- Mains Exam
- Interview and Group Discussion
The mode of this examination is online and the types of questions asked in this exam are the MCQs.
Through this article, aspirants will get to know the importance of the SBI PO Exam. They will also be provided with a detailed study plan so that they can start their preparation and can crack the exam on the first attempt.
- Curriculum For SBI PO Exam.
If candidates have to score well in SBI Preliminary Exams and Mains exam then they have to be thorough with the SBI PO syllabus for these exams. Work, learn and practice according to this curriculum to attain good results in the exam.
- Exam Pattern For SBI PO Exam.
After knowing about the syllabus, aspirants must get knowledge about the exam pattern. This blueprint will assist competitors to make a better strategy for the preparation of the exam. Here is the exam pattern for both the Mains and Preliminary Exams.
- For Preliminary Exam.
- The first section is of the “English Language”. This part comprises 30 questions which are of 1 mark each. The time duration to complete this section is 20 minutes.
- “Quantitative Aptitude” is Part B of this paper. In this section, there are 35 questions. The total marks for this part are 35 marks. Aspirants have to complete this section in 20 minutes.
- The last section is “Reasoning Ability”. Each question in this part is 1 mark each. Hence, it contains 35 questions of 35 marks. Candidates are assigned 20 minutes to complete this part.
The Preliminary Exam paper is of 100 marks and contains 100 questions that have to be completed in one hour.
- For the Mains Exam.
- Part A is the “Computer and Reasoning Aptitude”. The number of questions in this section is 45. The marks allotted to this are 60 marks. One should complete this section in 60 minutes.
- “Interpretation and Data Analysis” in Section B of the paper. The total marks and number of questions of this part are 60 and 35 respectively. The duration of time to solve the questions is 45 minutes.
- Part C of the exam paper is “Banking/ General/ Economy Awareness”. Aspirants should solve the questions of this section in 35 minutes. The maximum marks are 40 marks and there are 40 questions.
- Section D is the “English Proficiency” section. There are 35 questions with a maximum mark of 40. Only 40 minutes are given to candidates to complete this part.
The maximum mark for the Mains Exam paper is 200 marks. The number of questions in this paper is 155. All the candidates have to complete this in 3 hours.
- Have a Better Timetable.
Now contenders have gone through the syllabus and timetable, therefore, they should make strategies to manage their time. For this, they should construct a schedule or timetable to complete their daily goals. By this, they can easily concentrate on each topic and will get time for practising them. They should divide their time for learning, revising and solving mock test papers.
- Clarity of Basic Concepts Is A Must.
Aspirants will discover that the syllabus of the SBI PO Exam is quite easy. But they should not take the curriculum for granted. Candidates must start their preparation early and should try to study the basics of each topic. These basic concepts form the foundation for important topics. Hence, each competitor should clear their concepts by learning them and practising questions related to them.
- Upgrade Your Reading And Writing Skills.
Both the Preliminary and Mains Exam paper has sections of English Language, Reasoning Ability and General Awareness. Contenders should develop their skills of reading and writing as this will enable them to solve questions more effortlessly. For this, they should read English newspapers and articles related to social, banking, financial, etc. They should solve questions related to logical ability. Also, learning and practising English grammar rules will help them.
- Notes Are Vital.
While studying and preparing for the exam, candidates should make notes at that time. These notes will help them in memorising the important easy techniques, basic rules and formulas. These act as the best study material at the time of revision. These notes contain the significant points which make their preparation easier. The notes also save the time of the candidates.
If aspirants are done with completing their syllabus, then they should analyse themselves. They should solve papers of previous years and sample papers to check how much they have understood and what are their weak topics. This method of analysing will enable competitors to improve their writing speed and solving the questions with accuracy. Attempting mock tests will boost their confidence and help them to learn and work on their weaknesses.
- Your Health Matters The Most.
Contenders often avoid taking care of themselves while studying for the SBI PO Exam. They are so indulged in the preparation of the exam that they do not care about their health. Their hard work will get wasted if they will not be able to give the examination. To avoid this situation, candidates must take care of their health till the exam arrives. They should eat healthy food and exercise daily to keep their bodies fit.
- At The Examination Time.
Candidates should try to remain peaceful after receiving the question paper. They should read that paper thoroughly and attempt that section in which they are mastered. They should not acquire the hit and trial method while solving the questions as there is negative marking also. It is important to finish the paper before the allotted time. Before submitting the paper, check your answer sheet once.