The realities of modern life often lead us to great tension and stress, which hurts our mental abilities. It becomes harder to collect thoughts, solve tasks and focus on solving problems, intelligence decreases, and constant fatigue prevents practical thinking. If you change your diet and add foods that improve memory and concentration, it will be much easier for you to achieve good results in learning and work.
What Trace Elements Are Needed For Brain Function?
Is it possible, without the intervention of medications, to help us cope more easily with mental stress and the ability to concentrate? Can! You need to “feed” the brain with foods containing the following essential substances:
- glucose gives energy;
- fatty acids speed up the work of cells and get rid of toxins;
- amino acids support its activity;
- antioxidants prevent the oxidation of brain cells by removing oxidants from the body;
- vitamins – C, D group B (B3, B6, B9, B12), vitamin E fights damage to brain cells.
Eat foods that improve memory and concentration, and you will quickly notice the first result if you actively introduce them into your diet.
What Foods Affect The State Of Memory?
If you want to improve your memory, you should add the following foods to your diet:
- Fish meat (fatty) – halibut, mackerel, salmon, tuna, herring, eel, sturgeon, toothfish, catfish. The body needs them because they contain enough vitamins, microelements, proteins (they feed our brain), and fatty acids (Omega – 3), which favorably affect the brain, slow down the aging process, and strengthen blood vessels.
- Cocoa and dark chocolate (bitter from 75% cocoa content). The composition of cocoa beans includes flavonoids (antioxidants) – they increase blood flow to the brain; serotonin and endorphin are responsible for concentration and brain activity. Potassium, copper, and magnesium keep blood pressure under control. Cocoa reduces stress and induces feelings of joy.
- Blueberries, blueberries, blackberries, and cherries. These fruits are rich in vitamins, antioxidants, and trace elements. They nourish the cells with oxygen and prevent many diseases. They are consumed fresh, dried, frozen, jams, and juices.
- This vegetable includes lycopene and beta-carotene, which prevent the destruction of brain cells, maintain its functionality, and strengthen memory.
- Pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds. They contain zinc and amino acids, which develop thinking functions and affect memorization efficiency, giving clarity of mind.
- Broccoli and cabbage of various varieties. It contains vitamin K – it promotes the functioning of brain cells, prevents Alzheimer’s disease and cancer, and accumulates attention. Vitamins of group B and iron increase brain work and rejuvenate the body, stimulating blood flow to the tissues.
- Bread (wholemeal), brown rice, whole grain cereals, whole grain pasta. Whole grain bread is a carbohydrate supplier that gives brain cells energy.
- Nuts (walnuts, almonds, peanuts, hazelnuts) are an importer of protein, vitamin E, fatty acids, and lecithin – a building material for cell membranes and a metabolism catalyst. Eating nuts will significantly improve the brain’s functioning, protecting nerve cells from damaging effects (destruction). Adding nuts to your diet will make you more energetic, efficient, and stress-resistant, and your memory and mental function will become more active. 3-4 walnuts can be used daily to enhance your cognitive abilities. They should be used more carefully by allergy sufferers and overweight people – they are very high in calories.
- Sage and rosemary. They improve concentration, increase clarity of thought, and make the mind sharper. Its leaves are helpful for various salads and vegetable and meat dishes. Sage and rosemary contain dozens of active substances that increase concentration, attention, and long-term memory and reduce fatigue.
- Eggs (chicken and quail). Eggs are a great source of protein, vitamins, and healthy fats. They “feed” the brain, thereby strengthening its protection, improving memory, and stimulating the development of the mind and intellect. They include choline, which controls the functioning of enzymes necessary to maintain an average human psyche. Quail eggs contain phosphorus – which contributes to more effective memorization of material and various information and makes it easier to comprehend science.
- It contains carbohydrates that give the brain cells an energy charge, silicon strengthens its neurons, and vitamin B1 promotes active blood supply, which means it nourishes the brain cells with oxygen.
As you have seen, instead of drugs that affect brain function, it is better to eat xxx. It’s tasty and healthy. It is also necessary to exclude alcohol from the diet, which destroys brain cells and controls the ratio of rest and work.